Click here to return to the main site.

Soundtrack Review

Cover Image

Triangle (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)


Composer: Christian Henson
Movie Score Media
RRP: £13.99
Available 20 October 2009

The dark and spine-chilling Triangle score by Christian Henson (The Secret of Moonacre), features the mesmerizing voice of Dot Allison (known for her collaborations with Massive Attack, Death in Vegas and Pete Doherty) and vocal group Synergy. The film, which stars Liam Hemsworth and Melissa George, is directed by Christopher Smith, for whom Christian Henson previously scored Severance, which earned the composer an Ivor Novello Award nomination for 'Best Original Movie Score'...

Ah, another Christian Henson film score. Henson's name attached to any project is an almost guaranteed indication that you're in for a great soundtrack. However, those expecting another The Secret of Moonacre may be in for something of a shock.

For about 80% of this score Henson weaves his magic, but for the other 20% he delivers rather cliched atmospheric tracks and horror movie music cues. Given the nature of the film this is to be expected but even here Henson tries to do something a little different.

Otherwise dull tracks, like 'Storm' and 'The Armoury', use an atmospheric base and then fuse beautiful themes on top. This ensures that these tracks not only heighten the mood of the scene when played during the movie, but also help to make them listenable as music in their own right.

However, there are a few tracks 'The Arrival' and 'Sallys' which do very little as standalone tracks - even though I'm sure they add much to the movie.

After you've cut through the filling, there are some truly beautiful tracks here - including 'Lullaby', 'Open Seas' and 'Jess Spots Downy' (even if the last one is a beefed up music cue). And it's these which show Henson at his best.

An interesting collection of themes and styles, but it won't be to everyone's taste.


Darren Rea

Buy this item online

We compare prices online so you get the cheapest deal
Click on the logo of the desired store below to purchase this item.

£11.09 (
Christian Henson - Triangle (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
£7.99 (iTunes GB)
MP3 album

All prices correct at time of going to press.